If you suffer from chronic or recurrent pain issues, you know how laborious a task it is to eliminate the stinging and aching sensation that takes over your mind and body. You might be unaware of this recent development: scientific researchers and experts have found that CBD balms can be effective in treating pain. Not only do these balms counter pain, but also symptoms like inflammation and muscle pain. You can find premium CBD balms for pain relief online at websites like Real Releaf CBD, Charlotte’s Web, and CBD FX. These companies offer quality pain relief balms made from hemp-derived CBD at reasonable prices.
However, these balms are not as easily accessible to everyone despite being available online as some of the other CBD products are. They can cost quite a lot for a small quantity of product, depending on the brand and potency, making them uneconomical depending on the frequency of use.
We understand your dilemma if you want to try a CBD balm for pain relief but are also worried about how it might disturb your monthly budget, which is why we have the perfect solution for you. You can make your own CBD pain relief balm at home with a quick and easy recipe that will cost less than half of what you would pay to a company. So, gather your ingredients and cook up the perfect recipe for pain relief!
RECIPE FOR THE PERFECT CBD PAIN RELIEF BALM
It is hard to decide on one recipe when there are so many for a DIY CBD pain relief balm; we have done the work and found the perfect recipe for you. This type of CBD-hemp-rich balm is very effective and has been highly recommended by Weed Maps due to its potent healing properties that help ease the pain instantly and help prevent the pain from recurring within a short duration of time.
The best part? You do not need to shed a ton of money to make this balm as it calls for only five ingredients, and there are no complicated steps for you to mess up. Here is everything you will need to make a CBD balm yourself:
- Full-spectrum CBD concentrate derived from hemp- There are numerous brands to choose from. Decide on any brand you like but refer to a physician for dosage
- 1 cup coconut oil- You can also use any other carrier oil like jojoba or hemp oil
- 1/3 cup beeswax- This will add to the base of your balm and give it the desired consistency by adding thickness to it
- 4-5 drops of any preferred essential oil- This is to add a calming scent to the product; go for oil like lavender or mint known to induce relaxation.
- Glass container
- Cheesecloth or a dense strainer
- Blend the full-spectrum CBD concentrate into the carrier oil of choice.
- Melt the beeswax and carrier oil-CBD concentrate mixture in the saucepan to blend them seamlessly
- Keep the flame/heat on low and heat the concoction for 25 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and move the pan to a cold surface. Add the essential oil of your choice to the mixture and stir well.
- Pour the mixture through a dense strainer or cheesecloth into the glass jar.
- Seal the jar with an air-tight lid and store it in a cool, dark place until it sets and is ready to use
This recipe will help you create the perfect CBD balm for pain relief. However, if you are looking for something a little more potent, you need to add some other oils or spices that can enhance the relaxant and healing properties of this relatively simple pain relief balm.
INGREDIENTS TO INCREASE THE POTENCY OF A CBD BALM
Here is a list of some optional ingredients that you can add to your balm to increase its prospect of helping relieve pain.
- Menthol: Menthol is a common ingredient found in pain relief balms and medications. Menthol has a cooling effect which is followed by a warming sensation; this helps soothe achy muscles
- Ginger: Formulating a CBD balm with ginger can help ease abdominal cramps
- Peppermint: Peppermint oil has proven to be effective in reducing headaches and relieving tension. Infusing your CBD balm with peppermint will make it more effective and help boost energy. For fresh peppermint, think about planting some in the yard or small pot as they grow like weeds and offer an endless supply!
- Emu oil: this oil, derived from the fat found in emu birds, is helpful for the pain-relieving and anti-inflammatory it contains.
HOW CBD PAIN RELIEF BALMS WORK
All CBD products work by interacting with the endocannabinoid system, impacting receptors responsible for maintaining balance in the body.
According to the magazine Homestead and Chill, hemp balms or salves contain THC, CBD, CBC, CBG and other cannabinoids, which penetrate the skin and enter the endocannabinoid system. They then bind to endocannabinoid receptors to block off pain and reduce inflammation.
ALTERNATE USES FOR CBD BALMS FOR PAIN RELIEF
Though CBD balms aim to reduce pain and inflammation, we can use them for other skin conditions. The use of carrier oils makes the balm very moisturizing, making it suitable for use on dry and flakey skin.
The healing properties of your homemade CBD balm go way beyond just easing pain, making them very versatile and helpful. Some of the concerns for which we can use CBD pain relief balm are:
- Sore joints
- Itching, rashes, and skin irritation
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
CBD hemp balms for pain relief have proven to be highly effective. The only problem attached to them is the high cost, which has also been solved now as more diverse recipes to make your own CBD pain relief balm at home become available.
People who have tried the recipes have left a lot of positive feedback across different platforms. You can decide on the ingredient you want to use based on your health condition and preferences, make the product as potent or as mild as you like. Making the product is easy and does not drain the pocket like buying it from an established brand.
Instead of buying a CBD pain-relief balm, why not make a customized balm for yourself at home? We hope you find the recipe we have provided easy to cook up and effective in use.