What does COVID-19 Mean For Medical Marijuana in Florida?
During the coronavirus (COVID-19) crisis, current and prospective Medical Marijuana Patients likely have a number of questions and concerns about what impact the spread of the virus will have on the Florida Medical Marijuana program.
Some exceptions have been made for providers to reduce the risk of close patient contact. The Florida Surgeon General, Dr. Scott Rivkees has issued an Emergency Order stating that certified medical marijuana physicians can conduct virtual telehealth visits for “existing qualified patients with an existing certification that was issued by that qualified physician without the need to conduct a physical examination while physically present in the same room as the patient” The variance also applies for certain pharmaceuticals that may now be renewed without a physical visit. The order will not exceed 30 days unless extended by the Surgeon General. As more information is released the OMMU will make the updates available. The full order can be found here.
One of the main questions that we have been receiving has to do with the availability to purchase medication and products at local dispensaries. As of now, dispensaries are still open and serving patients with additional safeguards being implemented. Below are some statements released from each MMTC.
All facilities will be kept open. Delivery will continue. We pride ourselves on the cleanliness and sanitary conditions of our facilities and dispensaries and have an ongoing Safety Policy Plan to assure sanitary production facilities.
- In order to follow the social distancing guidelines, in the event that the store is busy, we may ask that patients return to their cars after checking in at Reception. The Receptionist will give you an order form to fill out as you wait, and you will receive a phone call when your Medtender is ready for you.
- During this time we also ask that no guests accompany patients with the exception of patients requiring physical assistance.
- MÜV brochures, physician brochures, and all other printed materials will be kept behind the reception desk. If you would like a copy of these materials, you need only ask.
- Product packaging will be removed from all but one retail island on the sales floor.
- MÜV Dispensaries will be closed Sundays effective March 22nd to facilitate deep cleaning and sanitizing of the store.
We are continuing all the recommended sanitation best practices while increasing our efforts before and after each patient:
Surface Disinfection: We are sanitizing our locations regularly. Surfaces, including countertops, door handles, water fountains and display cases are repeatedly wiped down with disinfectant wipes and sprays.
Hand Washing: The CDC advises hand soap of any kind is effective, it does not need to be antibacterial soap. Hand washing must be performed for twenty (20) seconds with either hot water or cold water, both equally effective. If hand washing is not an option, hand sanitizer should be utilized and is used by each of our Medtenders.
Social Distancing: While we love handshakes and hugs from our patients, temporarily we will be discontinuing such practices and replacing them with elbow or toe bumps to ensure safe hellos and goodbyes. In addition, our Fort Meyers, Longwood and Tallahassee locations offer the convenience of drive through pick-up service for online orders.
Team Health: Our team has been instructed to stay home, and seek medical attention if they have any symptoms, including fever, a cough or shortness of breath.
Patient Health: We would like to keep our community of patients and employees safe, we ask that you visit in good health and not if you or anyone you have been exposed to is showing symptoms of COVID-19.
Product Safety: Our current manufacturing practices meet or exceed Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) standards, and we have always used medical industry standards, such as laminar flow hoods in manufacturing vape pens and other oil-based products to assure a sterile production environment. All employees handling products are instructed to wear hair/beard nets, sterile gloves, smocks, protective booties, etc.
We will continue to proactively monitor and follow the latest guidance from the CDC, the Department of Labor and local health officials to assure patients have the safest possible access to MÜV Medical Cannabis Products.
For updates, see Altmed’s COVID-19 Resource Page.
Columbia Care is currently operating in an UNINTERRUPTED status. This means that our dispensaries, delivery services, or express orders are continuing to operate for our patients and guests in line with normal operating hours.
As we continue to monitor the Coronavirus (COVID 19) situation, we know that many in our communities may be feeling concerned by recent information. At Columbia Care, the health of our patients, customers, partners and staff has always been, and continues to be, our number one priority.
We are following recommendations offered by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control (CDC) as well as state and local governments to protect our communities and to help limit the spread of the virus. We encourage all our patients, customers, and staff to keep up with current news surrounding the virus by checking the Florida Health website. Columbia Care locations will continue to remain open, with appropriate measures being taken to ensure safety. Some of these increased actions include:
- Increased frequency of the cleaning and sanitization of the dispensary, including the disinfecting of surfaces and door handles.
- A continued and heightened focus on staff hygiene with the use of best in class protective gear, as well as encouraging staff members to wear disposable gloves in the dispensaries.
- An increased frequency of our existing procedures for cleaning & sanitizing all cultivation and manufacturing areas, as well as all equipment
- Any staff members displaying or reporting symptoms have been asked to stay home and have been directed to obtain treatment.
As we continue to work to keep all our employees and guests safe, we ask that you help where you can:
- If you are feeling sick or have a fever, please stay home and self-quarantine per the CDC guidelines and the presidential address this past Monday.
- Take advantage of online ordering for faster check-out procedures.
- Orlando and St Augustine patients, take advantage of utilizing the drive-thru to pick up online orders.
- Wash your hands as frequently as possible
- Follow the sneeze and cough protocols to cover and shield.
We understand that there is a lot of concern and uncertainty in our communities and will continue to take steps to share information and best practices. As always, we remain committed to your safety, and look forward to continuing to serve you.
To our patients and customers:
As we navigate the changing course of the COVID19 situation, our commitment to meeting the needs of our patients, customers and employees remains unwavering.
Our Curaleaf dispensaries remain open (scroll down for state-by-state details). We have been designated as an essential service in all of the states where we have dispensaries, which means that we are able to continue to provide vital cannabis products. We are working hard each day to minimize risk during this critical time by working closely with local and state governments, implementing new procedures and policies at our dispensaries, and responding as quickly as possible to the evolving situation.
Our previous commitments remain, with these new additions:
- The first operating hour of each day is now prioritized for patients and customers 60 years of age or older.
- We are starting to offer a new service called WaitlistMe. This app allows our staff to add you to a digital waiting list, so you can wait in your car instead of standing in a line outside the dispensary.
WaitlistMe is currently available in Maryland, New Jersey and Nevada, and we will be adding more states each day.
Here’s what you can expect:
- No Standing in Line!
Simply visit your dispensary just like any other day. When you arrive by car, a staff member will greet you in the parking lot to take your name and mobile number.* We’ll then text you when it’s your turn to come in and shop. Inside, there will be only be 1:1 interaction which limits exposure while enforcing social distancing best practices.
- Express Pick Up
Place your order for express pick-up online. Once the order is ready, you will receive a text confirmation and then a second message from WaitListMe asking you to confirm a pick-up time. Once you respond, we will do our best to accommodate your preferred timeframe, but please be aware that we may need to adjust the time as business levels fluctuate.
- Curbside Service Coming Soon
In some states, when you order online, we will let you know your order is ready and you will receive an exact time for pickup. Instead of needing to enter the dispensary though, we will greet you at the curb to complete your transaction. More details coming soon!
Please scroll down for up-to-date information specific to your state, and check back regularly.
Our priority is the health, wellbeing, and safety of our patients, customers, and employees. We thank you for your patience and support as we continue our commitment to provide the services and products you rely on, with confidence.
Prioritizing Express Pick-Up orders
As we actively monitor the current coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak, we want to share the measures we are currently taking to keep our employees, customers, and community safe:
We are prioritizing Express Pick-Up orders
In order to mitigate unnecessary exposure, limit public interaction, and give you a swifter, smoother experience. We encourage all of our guests to take advantage of this service for a quick in-store pickup and help keep all of us safe.
We are also pleased to announce that our Casselberry drive-thru for Express Pick-Up orders is now open.
What we are doing for our customers
- Clean and Safe Environment. We are doubling-down on our cleaning procedures across the entire company, from our cultivation facilities, to our offices, to all dispensaries.
- Hand sanitizing stations. Available for all customers to use at every dispensary.
What you can do…
- Stay informed from trusted sources.
- Do not share cannabis consumption devices. Vapes, joints, pipes, or any other method of consumption of cannabis must be cleaned regularly as they may be used as a conduit for the spread of the virus. Good hygiene practices help all in our community.
Our curators and call center are ready to assist, support and respond to any questions you might have. To contact us directly via phone or email click here.
Together we can help keep our community strong, safe, and healthy.
The Fluent Team
As you are likely aware, the Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak continues to impact countries around the world. We, at GrowHealthy, are mindful of this situation and want to assure you, our valued patients, that we are monitoring closely and taking steps to help protect the general welfare of the public and especially our patients. The below are brand-wide best practice measures that are kept in place to protect our team members and patients, implemented in all of our facilities.
- GrowHealthy is now exclusively using pick-up and delivery. For more information on how to shop safely please visit: growhealthy.com/howtoshop
- When retrieving a pick-up order patients will wait in their vehicles until instructed to enter the dispensary to pay and receive their medication.
- All dispensaries will have 10 or less people (patients and employees) inside at a time.
- GrowHealthy and its employees continue to follow hygiene protocols and implement proactive strategies to minimize exposure for patients, including continued cleanliness and sanitation of all facilities and personal sanitation of all employees.
- All retail locations conduct daily facility sanitation and have increased sanitation of common area cleaning and touchable surfaces. Employees are required to undergo thorough handwashing and hand sanitation prior to product or patient contact.
- All employees are required to wear a fresh pair of sanitized gloves whenever near or in contact with products, including in store during product inspection for patients.
- All product on the dispensary floor is kept in glass cases to avoid coming in contact with patients or employees.
- All printed materials including patient brochures and product information will be kept behind the counter. If you would like a copy of these materials, please just ask a dispensary associate.
- We have suspended the use of our dispensary bud bars for viewing and smelling flower.
- Our GrowHealthy cultivation facility utilizes standardized General Manufacturing Practices (including monitored handwashing and sanitizing steps, sterilized gloves required when near or in contact with product, protective booties, smocks and hair/beard covers).
- We implement a strict wellness policy that no team member attends work unless they are 100% well.
We hope that you find comfort during this time by taking advantage of our free, state-wide delivery with no order minimum for easy access to medicine without having to leave home. For delivery, dial 619.5288, option 2.
To reduce time in-store, all patients can place their order via phone or online, directly through our website or Leafly.com, with no order minimum.
We’re here when you need us. Our patient care team is available to answer your questions via email or by calling 800.619.5288. The GrowHealthy Patient Care Team is available seven days a week 8 AM – 9 PM ET.
GrowHealthy Is Here to Help
The health, wellness and education of our patients and team have always been our top priority. We want to continue to support you through this time by making healthy choices as accessible as possible. In an effort to keep calm and ensure we listen to the experts to guide our decisions, we encourage you to seek the latest information by visiting the CDC’s website.
GrowHealthy thanks you for your trust and confidence in allowing us to provide safe and premium-quality cannabis products to enhance your daily lives. Please do not hesitate to reach out to us with any questions about our products. Our team of experts will also be readily available at one of our 12 dispensaries throughout the state.
At Harvest, the health and safety of our employees, patients, customers and community is our highest priority. Across the country, local and state governments have determined that all medical support and essential service providers like Harvest should remain open to best support patients through this trying time. As a medical provider to patients who rely on our products to help manage various conditions, we have made the decision to continue serving our local communities in this time of need.
We understand. The current health crisis is unsettling for us all. But one thing is certain, as long as we can, we will fulfill our commitment to deliver goodness to you. We wanted to share some of the actions and policies Harvest is taking to protect you and our employees.
- Running clean stores. Heightened awareness and increased the frequency and rigor of cleaning and sanitization in all of our retail stores, cultivation, processing and manufacturing centers, and office environments. Ordering additional supplies and cleaning products to sustain business over extended periods of time.
- Taking care of our team and visitors. Updated our company response plan to encourage anyone with symptoms, or those who may have come in contact with anyone with the virus, to stay home and isolate themselves for 14-days and/or until cleared by a medical marijuana doctor to return to work, the same holds true for visitors. Employees in this category may utilize work from home options when available, Paid Time Off and other benefit policies to assist with sustaining their incomes. Required all employees avoid nonessential business travel and all travel to countries designated high risk by the CDC.
- Assisting with social distancing/e-commerce. We are evaluating the minimum number of employees to safely and securely staff our facilities, ramping up online, curbside, delivery, pre-order options (where applicable), and limiting the number of visitors in each store at one time and shifted a significant number of employees to work from home.
- Increasing awareness and sharing information. Shared best practices and information with employees to encourage prevention of the COVID-19 virus.
- Planning ahead. Prepared internal business continuity and safety plans to act quickly when needed.
- Actively monitoring. We’ll continue to monitor guidance from the Centers for Disease Control, World Health Organizationand local health officials and will make cautious, science-based evaluations to inform our decisions and ensure how best we can serve our patients and customers.
Based on our guidance, requests from regulators and designation as an essential service, our stores will continue to remain open for business. At Harvest, we share in your concerns around the spread of this virus and offer our deepest sympathies to those who have been affected. The COVID-19 situation continues to evolve daily. Thank you for the trust you’ve placed in us, it’s a responsibility we take seriously.
CEO, Harvest Health & Recreation Inc
As we continually pursue providing patients with the highest level of care and medical cannabis products, we are making some adjustments to our delivery services.
To qualify for free delivery, patients’ orders must total $150 or more of product (after discounts).
For orders under $150 (after discounts), a delivery fee of $25 will apply to all deliveries. This delivery fee is not subject to discounts.
Please note that with this change, we will no longer require a minimum purchase of (4) 3.5g of whole flower in order to receive delivery of whole flower.
These changes will take effect on February 3, 2020.
At this time, we are now providing delivery to all counties in Florida except Escambia, Santa Rosa, and Okaloosa counties.
A Message From MedMen About Your Health and Safety
On behalf of the entire MedMen family, we thank you for your trust and ongoing support. As we continue to monitor the COVID-19 pandemic, the health and safety of our customers and employees remains our first priority. In light of recent developments and communication from federal, state and local governments, we’d like to share an update on the status of our operations for customers who rely on cannabis products for their everyday well-being.
Are stores open?
Right now, we are open for business and continue to have a steady supply of product. We encourage you to order online for express pick up in-store or delivery where available.
For the safety of our customers and employees, we have shortened hours across many of our stores. Click here for up-to-date hours and to find what services are available at your nearest MedMen.
We’re implementing guidelines from The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention regarding important measures against the spread of COVID-19.
What is the best way to shop right now?
We strongly encourage our community to take advantage of online ordering for express pick up in-store at participating locations. We have a dedicated pick up area in-store for this service in order to get you in and out with minimal contact. We’re taking every precaution to make sure you’re safe.
As mentioned above, our stores are still open and we offer delivery in select locations. Please note we’re seeing high demand in delivery so we appreciate your patience with us as there will be delays.
What precautions are store employees taking?
Our employees are required to wash their hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Additionally, they are instructed to avoid touching their eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands. Should they cough or sneeze, they have been instructed to cover their mouths with a tissue or use the inside of their elbow and wash their hands. They are to deposit this tissue into the trash immediately.
On top of frequent hand washing, our employees will be using hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol; covering all surfaces of their hands before rubbing until dry. Hand sanitizer is provided in-store for all customers.
What measures are MedMen applying in-store?
Every 30 minutes, we’re cleaning and disinfecting all frequently touched surfaces including doorknobs, counter tops, ATM machines, debit card terminals, iPads, bud pods, and our point of sale terminals. We’re also cleaning workspaces frequently including the break rooms, restrooms, and our sales floor.
What about social distancing in-store?
We’re using our best judgement to limit the number of customers, patients, and employees in our stores at one time on the sales floor. We’re ensuring a 6-foot distance is maintained when associates are helping customers in addition to maintaining that distance while customers are waiting outside to check-in or inside while waiting to pay.
Have there been any changes to delivery service?
We’re offering delivery for customers, in certain areas, but we strongly encourage customers to order online for express pick up in-store as an expedited alternative. Please note that there will be wider delivery windows due to increased demand. We recommend ordering early to ensure same-day delivery. Please be patient with us as we strive to fulfill every order in a timely fashion.
One Plant is committed to putting our employees and customers health & safety first while also making sure that you receive the medicine you need. Especially, under the current circumstances that are forcing most of you to stay home.
That being said One Plant currently has the most robust cannabis delivery capabilities in the state of Florida. So, for any of you that must stay home we want you to stay safe, but also stay sane.
Now through April 15, 2020 we are offering 20% off your entire order. Please use the promo code: “STIRCRAZY” at online checkout, valid for delivery only.
We are continuing to closely monitor this evolving situation regarding COVID-19 and will continue to uphold the highest standards for hygiene and sanitization for all dispensary staff and drivers including NEW more robust rules and policies, such as:
-Disinfect all common surfaces-Doors, Counters, Restrooms multiple times daily in the inventory picking area.
-Disposable gloves worn at all times when handling product
-Orders packed and sealed in a sterile inventory room
-Inventory room sanitized daily
-Packed orders are secured in coolers
-Phones are wiped down and sanitized after each delivery
-Coolers wiped out with sanitation wipes multiple times daily
We are prepared to navigate these challenging circumstances with everyone’s safety in mind while getting medicine directly to your door.
Thank you from the One Plant team.
As part of the Rise / Essence / Bluepoint, 3C Cannabis, FPWellness family, we want to assure you that the health and well-being of our patients, customers, employees and communities is our top priority. As the Covid-19 situation evolves, we will continue to monitor the CDC site and make decisions informed by the latest facts and information.
Information on Covid-19 and personal precautions are available here: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/about/. We have implemented a series of steps in response to this developing public health issue, including:
- We are increasing cleaning and sanitizing at all our stores to help prevent the spread of all germs.
- We have requested that employees who are experiencing cold or flu symptoms or have partners/family/roommates that are feeling sick to not come to work.
- We encourage those with compromised immune systems to have caregivers come to
the store to pick up products or pre orders where possible.
- We are reviewing site setups including looking for ways to increase customer and
patient knowledge of online ordering, delivery options where available, and other ways to minimize contact and increase social distancing.
- Delivery is available in, NV and FL
- https://risecannabis.com/: NV, FL
- https://essencevegas.com : NV
- Our stores have online pick up options at most locations
- https://risecannabis.com/: IL, MA, NV, FL, NJ, MD
- https://essencevegas.com : NV
- https://www.bluepointwellnessct.com : CT
- https://www.3ccannabis.com : IL
- https://fpwellnessny.com/ : NY
- We ask our customers to be mindful that vulnerable populations such as the sick and elderly visit our stores; please stay home if you are feeling unwell.
We are currently maintaining regular operations at our stores. Please follow us on social media and sign up for text / email distribution lists so we can keep you apprised of any important updates.
This is a fluid situation and we remain nimble and prepared to pivot as needed to do what’s best for patients and customers that rely on us for their well-being. Again, please know that your health is our top priority. Take care of yourselves and your loved ones and stay tuned for relevant updated information.
To Our Valued Customers,
We wanted to reach out to make you aware of what we are doing regarding the current coronavirus situation to ensure your well-being. We know it’s an unsettling time for everyone and our thoughts are with those who have been affected by the outbreak. Every day brings new developments and you may have questions.
We understand that we play a vital role for you, as you may rely on our cannabis products to manage a variety of health symptoms and conditions. In fact, anxiety is one of the most common health concerns we are hearing in our stores during this unsettling period of time. We take our role in ensuring your well-being very seriously and we will do our best to continue to provide this important service while prioritizing the health and safety of our associates, our customers and our community.
We are closely monitoring the situation and following the official guidance and recommendations of the CDC, WHO, OSHA and local Boards of Health to help mitigate and slow the spread of the virus and are taking additional measures to protect and support everyone who works at or visits our stores:
- Increasing sanitizing of high-touch surfaces and deep night cleanings in all our stores
- Enforcing good hygiene of all our associates and directing associates who are feeling unwell to not come into work
- Being flexible and considerate in our sick leave benefits and attendance policy for those who might be impacted
- Training associates to be extra sensitive to interactions, particularly with our customers who are immunocompromised or otherwise vulnerable
- Preparing our stores to respond quickly to any emerging situation
- Implementing a number of ways that you can obtain our products while minimizing time in our stores and ensuring minimal contact with staff and others, such as how we manage lines and wait times, and encouraging the use of debit over cash
- Asking customers who are sick or have symptoms to refrain from coming to our stores
While we are currently maintaining regular operations at our stores, we are navigating the situation community by community and store by store. We will do our best to update you about any changes to hours or offerings in the store nearest you, or you can check our social page. It is our intent to remain transparent and will update our website and social media as we learn more.
Thank you for your cooperation and let’s work to stay healthy together,
Chairman & CEO
Last week, Trulieve reached out via email and social media channels to let you all know of the actions we were taking as a company to assure a safe and healthy environment for our employees and our patients. As we look back, that seems like an incredibly long time ago. I want to personally connect this week with an updated message and a few personal thoughts as we all move through this new reality.
With COVID-19, we are globally experiencing an unprecedented virus and healthcare situation. The upheaval to our daily life is being felt and will continue to create uncertainty for all of us. Our patient’s age range is wide, and we recognize that many of our patients are dealing with immune suppressed or other underlying conditions that creates additional challenges. We appreciate these factors and want to make sure we all stay safe and that our patients have access to the medicine needed during this time. We also want you to know that here at Trulieve we have been laser-focused on COVID19 preparedness plans over the last few weeks and are thinking creatively on how best to meet the needs of our patients during this crisis.
Since last week, we have announced new offerings to help make purchasing your medical marijuana easier and safer. We are in the process of rolling out these new initiatives throughout the state today. Given the size and scale of Florida, a few of these new programs will be tested in certain markets before we expand as we want to minimize potential issues. Remember, we are moving fast to keep ahead of this ever-changing coronavirus landscape.
We held a Facebook Live on Thursday to discuss these updates. You can watch the video here but the programs are:
- Seniors Delivery — Patients 65+ will receive free delivery during this time
- Statewide Delivery – Our delivery service has been reduced due to COVID19 to only $15, with no minimum purchase amount, to encourage us to stay safe at home.
- Social Distancing – Only patients are allowed inside our dispensary at this time – no guests or family members. We’ve also spaced chairs in the lobby all to reduce lobby traffic and interactions to meet social distancing guidelines
- Mobile Hubs – New pilot program with new locations daily for online ordering and curbside picks ups at designated locations. Stay in your car and get your medicine!
- Pick Up Only Locations – Starting on Saturday March 21 with Stuart, Ft Lauderdale and Tallahassee locations – we are not having walk-ins but pick up appointments only to reduce interactions.
- Designated Care Hour – Another new program. Starting tomorrow, Saturday, March 21st, dispensaries will now be dedicating the first hour of opening to patients who are immunocompromised.
- Online Ordering – And as always, online ordering is available for pick-up or delivery. We’ve increased staffing and our fleet of cars to service our customers. And, we encourage you to use the new chat feature to speak with a Trulieve representative.
Trulieve is committed to the safety and well-being of our patients and customers. It’s one of our core values which has built our loyal Truliever community and keeps us as the market leader in Florida. Operationally, we also want to assure our patients that our supply chain is prepared which should minimize disruption in the weeks and months ahead and we’ve increased production to have a robust supply of inventory on hand for our stores. We are all in this together and Trulieve will do what we can to help deliver the medicine patients have come to rely on.
I join you in hoping that this dark period will pass soon, and we will all be on to sunnier days ahead.
Stay safe and healthy. Onward –
Need An Appointment In Naples?
For our established patients, Compassionate Healthcare of Florida is setup with a HIPPA compliant telehealth system to virtually see patients for renewalls and will keep normal business hours for new patients to ensure they will still have access to certifications and order renewals in these difficult times.